Monday, November 24, 2008

Tuesday Plan

Breakfast for Dinner #2

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits

First I must confess, I do not know how to make a proper country biscuit. I have tried. So I do use those uncooked ones you get in your local grocery stores freezer section. They are the best! So go ahead and get those going.

In a cast iron skillet or a skillet brown up your sausage, about a pound. I like the maple syrup flavored kind. Break it up into tiny bits. Now remove the sausage and leave the grease in the skillet. Add about 1/4 c - 1/2 c all purpose flour. Keep stirring this over low heat for a few minutes to cook it. Now I mix up half milk half water in a glass. Get ready about 2 c to begin and add about half and then 1/2 c at a time until it is as thick as you like. The more you heat it the thicker it will get. Add the sausage to the gravy and pour it over you biscuits.

Now don't forget that OJ and if you have it on hand add 1/4 tsp vitamin c to give you that extra boost.

No comments: