Friday, December 31, 2010

God's Resolutions towards us

Resolve-verb  To come to a definite or earnest decision about .

Today I planned to sit and write out my resolutions. Today God had another path for me to go. My intentions were right but I think my heart wasn't in the best possible place. I am not in a hard spot today but as I tell the boys in everything they do their aim should be for the best. So today God needed to set my heart right before I could ponder my plans. As I was on the tread mill I listened to a sermon on oneplace.com. It was about New Years Resolutions. I took 2 pages of notes as God spoke to my heart. Yes on the treadmill, today was just a walk day.
I believe God likes us to plan. Proverbs tells us so many times that man plans but God directs his paths. God plans. God resolves. As I walked I was stunned to think that I want to resolve to follow Him more closely, to be more like His Son, to be more patient. But I don't think even my greatest thoughts towards Him would even compare to what we resolves towards His children.
The boys gave me a new ESV Bible for Christmas so that is what I will be using.
Romans 8:31-39
God’s Everlasting Love
31What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised— who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written,"For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.


1. God's resolve is for us to be like Jesus. He says I am for you! He is our advocate! Romans 1 says He wants us to not be lacking anything so that we can reflect His glory. It is not talking about our houses, our cars, our jobs, it is talking about Jesus character. Before we can fully understand He is for us we have to understand He should be against us. It's not like we are a famous all star athlete who trains and does his best and we are cheered on for that accomplishment. We haven't accomplished anything for God. We are actually lazy, unmotivated, over indulgent, selfish bench warmers. God isn't cheering us on in that way. He desires us so much to be like His Son He will not give up transforming us until we are like Jesus. That is His promise. He gave us His righteousness, a.k.a. Jesus, if we accept Him.

If you resolve to be like Jesus He is for you!


2. God's revolve is for us to be forgiven. Your sin cannot make you unfit to inherit the future! If you are a child of God we get to inherit the future! The future! Out best laid plans are nothing in the future without accepting Jesus.  When you don't keep those resolutions you make or you sin, God has already forgiven you.  He resolved long ago to forgive your future sins before you even commit them.  Don't stay there with them.  Let go of the guilt.

God bases our inheritance on what Jesus deserves not what we deserve!

3. God's resolve is to love us. Whatever this world throws at us God will use it for us. Nothing can come between us and His love. The world will be a part of our lives but we will never be separated from God.

God has heart felt devotion to US!



As you ponder your future remember the Gospel. We are tied to it , it is our life and everything we touch should reflect that. Resolve to have soul focused resolutions.


No comments: