Saturday, December 18, 2010

Soul food...

God is leading me in a new area of life right now. Blessings. Being a blessing. Imparting blessings. This part is from a letter I wrote to some dear friends. I will tell you more about that later after the party! Wanted to share with you though what has been on my heart.

We are in Ancient History right now in school so we are reading about Israel. I find myself daily feeling like I “know” how Moses felt! I can relate to the Israelites(a.k.a. my children) complaining about manna, water and their lack of trust in Moses(a.k.a. me) leading and teaching. But as we read further into Deuteronomy I felt convicted. Deuteronomy 31-34 tells us about the time when Moses was being told he would die and that the people would rebel:

31:16 The Lord said to Moses, “You are about to die and join your ancestors. After you are gone, these people will begin to worship foreign gods, the gods of the land where they are going. They will abandon me and break my covenant that I have made with them.

Now in my mind I start to despair. How can these people who have been led by God’s cloud continue to abandon the God Most High? How are my children going to be able to stand strong? I am certainly not Moses. (Humor me here, I know God will lead them, not me but I do despair none the less) So if the story would continue in my mind I would think Moses would go down to these heathen to warn them, preach to them. I would be irate! What does Moses do? He goes down and teaches them a song. A song that they can memorize, a song to remind them. And then get this…he blesses them. Each tribe! One by one. He asks for specific blessings for them. Moses did not despair and think they will never get it. He had Hope. He knew who God was and that He promised a Savior. Instead of coming down on them Moses went down to them and blessed them.

Bless your children today. Pray a special blessing for their school work today. Bless your husband. Out loud, to his face.
Bless your friends today.


May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Jude 1:2 ESV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I;m SOOO glad you are doing this again! Love it!