Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday ~ Day 2 of 31

This morning was wonderful!  The boys played How Deep the Father's Love for Us at church for Father's Day.  How honoring that God would allow us to see a glimpse of His satisfaction with them.  On the other hand it is Father's Day so how can I say no to the cream filled donut for breakfast?

Breakfast:  Chandler's famous scrambled eggs and a cream filled donut

Lunch:  Hummus and pita bread

Dinner:  Grilled steak, baked potatoes with butter only and shh (chocolate cream pie) was that small enough to get away with?  It is his favorite and as Dalton says, "Mom, dad only has a Father's Day at 53 once."  How could I possibly not celebrate a once in a life time day?

We sat in the sun on our back deck and will take a walk before dinner.  31 Days to Clean is cleaning the oven and since I seriously just did that a few days again I am ahead of the game!

This is about honesty here so there it is laid bare before you.  Please pray for me that this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so here goes day 2

Before we headed out for church I had a 1/2 cup of my fruit salsa and a mug of coffee. (again with heavy cream) I actually picked up coconut cream today.

Lunch was 1/2 brown rice tortilla with turkey dijon mustard and jalapenos and some leftover brown rice stir fry that I put some cashew sour cream on. With that I had cucumbers marinated in vinegar and spices that I bought at the raw food restaurant
yesterday.

Snack was some raw almonds and carbonated mineral water with stevia.

Dinner was very similar to you all. We just bought 1/4 of a grass fed cow with my sister and so we grilled our first steak. It was wonderful and with it we had some mixed veggies (with a tad of butter) also had a few kettle chips. For our refreshment we made some of your lemon lime popsicle mix. It doesn't last long around here.

And for the record, I would have cheated too on the chocolate cream pie. lol Sounds yummy! :D

Teresa

Lori said...

Angela, the boys sounded great. What a blessing to hear them play together.