Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday ~ Day 1 of 31

Good Morning! 
It is already a hot one here in Northwest Indiana.  Tom is working and the boys actually slept in today!  I have my list made out of things I want to get accomplished and breakfast is over.  So what do you eat when you are watching sugar, gluten & dairy? 


I have to admit I am not a breakfast person.  I like breakfast but I would rather eat it at dinner.  I am just not hungry when I get up but if I don't eat something I snack to much during the day.  If you don't have a juicer you could do a smoothie with rice milk or raw milk if you can have it.  Organic oats would be good or a good granola with rice milk.  Fried potatoes with eggs on top.  I told you I like breakfast just not in the morning.  I did also fry one egg in coconut oil to go with my juice because eggs are really good for you.  I know what some of you are thinking.  Those carrots and oranges are high in sugar.  If it is in food naturally I am not worried about it.  I will also occasionally have raw unfiltered local honey.


Took my herbs and progesterone cream and am headed out the door to walk.  Then I will start 31 Days to Clean.  See ya back here later to tell you how the rest of the day goes.

As I walked out the door one of my sons came along for a bike ride so we rode our bikes for 30 minutes instead of walking.  I will take that any day over walking by myself.

Lunch was an apple with peanut butter, a handful of almonds & pepitas and a few dates.  
Here is a great recipe for fruit salsa from a friend and blogger.

Snack: 2 eggs lightly fried in butter.  Just got back from the farm ;)

Dinner: grilled hamburger patty, grilled portabello mushroom cap, baked potato salad & corn.

How is your day going?  Tell me we can hold each other accountable!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so here is my day. Had a couple of cups of coffee before I read your blog lol and of all days had organic heavy whipping cream in the fridge and indulged for the morning. It was wonderful in the coffee, but will probably use it up when I make a goat cheese tart later this week so that I can get back to my coconut milk in coffee. With the coffee I had 2 pieces of millet raisin toast. I like you am not much of a breakfast person, but was a little hungrier than usual after being up half the night.

For lunch we had open face turkey sandwhiches on millet again with lettuce and jalapeno slices and a small bit of dairy free mayo. Also a small bit of fruit salsa since I had eaten a lot of that yesterday when we made it.

For dinner I took Brian to the raw food restaurant for tacos and burgers with cucumber salad and corn salsa with jicama chunks. Very tasty! Also, I had bought rice dream bars for us all this weekend as a treat so we ate them for dessert.

So first day not to bad, but will improve. You did great! :D Your eggs sounded good and I think I will have some tomorrow.

Brian and I also took a 2 1/2 mile walk across Lake Murray as our exercise for the day.

Teresa