Friday, January 2, 2009

Monday 1/5

This is my husbands favorite way to have chicken breasts. I am not sure where I found it so many years ago.

Mayo Chicken

I use 3 huge boneless skinless chicken breasts and fillet them into 6. Take a plate and put about a cup of mayo on it. Take another plate and put bread crumbs and salt and lemon pepper on it. You will have to use your hands now. Take a breast and coat it good with mayo. Dredge it in the bread crumbs. Place it on a baking dish. Bake at 375 until done. Now my husband does not like mayo and this chicken does not taste like mayo. It just adds moisture.

Down in Florida there was a great restaurant called Hops. It was a microbrewery. But they had these steaks that were soaked for 3 days in pineapple juice and honey crescents. So I also serve the crescents with the mayo chicken. I do cheat and us the can. Bake them drizzle them with honey butter. Oh so good.

Roast some potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil and rosemary and you have yourself a major meal!

No comments: