Monday, March 23, 2009

Tuesday 3/24

Dalton is 13 today. An official teenager, and no I don't like that word and try not to even us it. Not because I am afraid though I will talk about that in a moment. I do not agree with the modern culture about the word teenager. I think it is an excuse. The Bible says you are a child and then an adult. You either act like a child or an adult. I will not accept "teenage" behavior because society says it is just a stage, they are trying to find their identity. I understand all that, well the identity part. But that is no excuse for the bad mouths, attitudes, laziness, freedom to do whatever because they have to find out for themselves, rebellion. I want his identity to be WITH his father and I, with his brothers, with his friends that I KNOW, with his youth group, with his church, with his neighborhood friends (under my control). Yes he is 13 but I have high expectations for him. He is serving a High Priest now. He is not just learning to, he is.

I know this has nothing to do with food , though it will, later. As you may know with Chandler's last birthday they choose the meal. But later. I need to get this all out on paper, well...

Afraid. I mentioned that earlier. Dalton went on an overnight youth event to Indy. This was his first trip without us, as a young adult. See doesn't that sound better? Young adult. It even sounds more dignified, like the expectations are already high, respectful. I was worried that the choices I had made to let him go would "cost" to much. What if he got into something there? What if he chose to do something he was not suppose to? Get it? I had low expectations of him before he even went. Or was it really that I had, dare I say it, low expectations of God. Father forgive me. We had studied Psalm 119 in church the previous Sunday and it reminded me of 911. You know Psalm 91:1, if your in danger read that one! His word is so alive and gave me such peace.

91:9-11 If you make the Most High your dwelling- even the LORD who is my refuge- then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways
91:14 Because he loves me, says the LORD, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

I love the Lord. Dalton loves the Lord. When Dalton falls, the Lord will rescue him. I don't have to worry or be afraid. I don't even have to wonder will he be alright. God says so.

Done, worry free. Peace. Happiness. Love for me.

Dinner menu
BBQ chicken breast with no bone or skin
green beans
corn
no birthday cake, apple pie

And shh...Tom and I found on our date night Oberweise. They even have chess tables! That is so Dalton, we are taking him there for dessert! Yes, after apple pie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DALTON. I love who God is making you!

No comments: