Monday, January 31, 2011

Sausage & Corn Chowder

What a perfect night for chowder and chocolate chip cookies of course.  The snow is coming in for a promised blizzard.  We have 4 movies from the library and the boys are listening to a book on tape as I type. A cup of my favorite Market Spice tea is sitting by my computer brewing.  I love rest.  No I don't mean sleep.  I mean rest.  The pure joy if it.  We are quite spoiled by a perfect Father who I will give all praise for all we have.

Sausage & Corn Chowder
2 tablespoon butter
2 leeks, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, white and pale green parts only
2 celery rib, thinly sliced
2 pounds new potatoes, washed and quartered
6 cups chicken broth
3 cups corn, thawed if frozen
2 cups milk or substitute
salt & pepper
pinch nutmeg
1 lb breakfast sausage

Melt butter in a soup pot. Cook breakfast sausage until done.  Add leeks and celery and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 5 to 7 minutes. Add potatoes and broth; cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in corn, milk, salt, and pepper, and nutmeg and cook until potatoes are very tender, about 10 minutes more.


No comments: