Friday, February 25, 2011

Cook Book Recommendations ~ The Two Sisters

Do you have a favorite cookbook?  What is it?  I have several and I plan to showcase a few over the next few weeks.  This week it is one I borrowed from a friend and loved it so much I kept her's and ordered her a new one to arrive at her house while I was "borrowing" it!

 http://www.thetwosisters.com/home.asp

I love it because they use everyday vegetables and a lot of them.  Most everyone knows how to cook a hamburger or a chicken breast.  But not everyone knows how to cook main dishes with vegetables.  They make it very easy to cook meatless several days in the week but it is also easy to add a chicken breast if you need the extra protein.

Sunday
B- *Sunrise Shake
D- *All-Gong Oriental Salad and Roast Chicken

Monday
B- Oatmeal with Bananas
D- *Catch a Cashew and a Hamburger Patty

Tuesday
B- *Lime Sublime
D- *Zesty Greek Salad and Pineapple

Wednesday
B- Fried Egg & Vegetables
D- *Crunchy Japanese Salad and Baked Sweet Potato

Thursday
B- Oatmeal with Bananas
D- Rice Pasta/Ground Beef/Veggie Bowl

Friday
B- *Sunrise Shake
D- *Oriental Lemon-Honey Pasta

* will be a recipe featured from The Two Sisters.  I am also getting away from eating lunch every day but the boys will eat beans & rice, chicken salad, egg salad or leftovers.

No comments: