Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week in review & What's for dinner?

What has your week looked like?  It has been a rainy week here but the garden and flowers sure have enjoyed it.  Since we were stuck inside I got to get caught up on transplanting the seedlings.  


It's a messy job.  I have 30 tomato plants this year, but I don't think I will have enough room for them all.  There are 15 San Marzano and 15 Brandywine.  I got most of my seeds from High Mowing Seeds.  They sell organic and unusual seeds.





Then it was on to soap making and wrapping.  I like how these wrappers turned out.  My hope is to have 2 news varieties each week to showcase.  But that is if the business goes well.  I have several friends ordering but I need to branch out a little bit and am not sure how to do that.  I started a facebook page for the soap, it is a public page so stop by.  It's called Hen and Chicks Soap. 

Well the rest of the chicks arrived and settled into their home which already included 14 other chicks.  They did well and as of yet we have not noticed any major pecking order business going on. 

Threatened breed~Buttercups


Araucana~Easter Eggers


Black Australorps


Golden Laced Wyandottes


New Hampshire Red~not my pick but she and the other lonely bird were the only ones left so I got them.


White Rock~the other lonely one


Plymouth Rocks


Silver Laced Wyandottes

Pizza is for dinner again this week, yes it is one of those weeks where pizza is the ONLY thing that will do!  This time it is Baked Potato Pizza.  Make the crust as before but for the base you make mashed potatoes the way you like them and not boxed either!  Spread that as your "sauce"  top with cooked diced bacon, chopped chives and a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella cheese.  When cooked drizzle with a bit of thinned out with water, sour cream.

Still reading Isaiah and wanted to remind myself of this again today as I wait for my future:

Isaiah 30:18
Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait on Him!

No comments: