Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Death by the sword

Isaiah in light of searching for building up and tearing down the heart speaks to me this morning. 


Isaiah 1:19-20 says:
If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land; but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be eaten by the sword; for the mouth of the Lord has spoken. 

Do all who refuse and rebel die by the sword?  What is that sword?  Can it mean anything that brings death?  For me the sword I hand to my children are my words, my attitude, my impatience, my way of doing things, my inattentive ear. 

Isaiah 2:4-5 says:
He shall judge between the nations, and shall decide disputes for many peoples; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.  O house of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord.

I love how God leads.  I love how He teaches us to walk in His paths.  When we do, He can turn those swords (words & actions that kill) into plowshares and pruning hooks.  Only He can bring life to death!

Praise Him, oh how I need to walk in His light today!

No comments: